Theatre Box Dover – Terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions have been set out by Theatre Box Ltd.
By enrolling your child at Theatre Box Ltd, you accept these terms and conditions and sign your agreement to them as an ongoing agreement between you and Theatre Box Ltd.
This agreement is made between the parent and guardian of each enrolled student and us, trading as Theatre Box Ltd. The agreement is valid at all time whilst the student is enrolled on any Theatre Box activity and until such time as written notice is given in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- To apply for a place for a new student, a registration form must be filled out and the terms and conditions agreed to.
- All prospective students are entitled to one free trial session. If they wish to sign up after this please confirm this in writing to [email protected], cost for the term will be calculated on how many weeks are left of the current term.
- Places are allocated on a first come first serve basis and if classes are at capacity, students will be added to a waiting list.
- Class times and term dates are on our website and will be emailed out at the start of every term.
- The minimum sign up period is 12 weeks. If any sessions are not attended during a 12 week term that a student has enrolled on, these sessions will still need to paid for. This includes holidays and illness. In the unfortunate event of of long term illness and injuries that prevent the student from participating, proof will need to be shown. With a doctor’s note, missed sessions in these exceptional circumstances can be credited and used later on.
- If a student decides to leave Theatre Box, please notify us in writing that they are leaving no later than 30 days before the end of the term that they are enrolled on. If we do not receive notification of this, you will be automatically enrolled on to the next 12 week block and liable to pay for 50% of the next term’s fees even if the student does not attend.
- Fees for juniors and seniors are £204.00 per 12 week term.
These can be paid in:
A 12 week block – £204.00 due on the first week of term.
2 x 6 week blocks – £102.00 due on week 1 and again on week 7.
4 x monthly payments of £51.00 due at the start of each month.
- Fees for minis are £102.00 per 12 week term.
These can be paid in:
A 12 week block – £102 due on the first week of term.
2 x 6 week blocks – £51.00 due on week 1 and again on week 7.
4 x monthly payments of £25.50 due at the start of each month.
- Theatre Box will offer a 10% sibling discount in the scenario that two or more students are living in the same household.
- Fees will be reviewed annually and may increase.
- A late payment fee of £10 will be added to all invoices if payment has not been made within 3 weeks from the invoice being sent.
- Exams are an optional added cost, prices are set by the exam provider.
- During show term you may be charged a small costume fee per child of no more than £10.
- Juniors and Seniors will run from 10.30-12.30 on Saturday mornings. This session for is 8 years and above.
- Mini troupe will run from 9.15-10.15 on Saturday mornings, These sessions are for 4 to 7 year olds.
- Sessions will run for 11 or 12 weeks at a time depending on term dates, with a one week break for half term.
- Please ensure students are collected promptly and that we are informed if someone different is collecting them.
4.USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Theatre Box Ltd is committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process, and to provide a compliant and consistent approach to data protection. If you have any questions related to our GDPR compliance please contact Aimee, the Theatre Box principal.
5.HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Please ensure students wear loose, comfortable clothing that does not restrict movement and that jewellery is removed. (Stud earrings are ok) Appropriate footwear should be worn such as trainers, plimsolls or jazz shoes.
- Students should bring a drink with them to their session.
- There will always be a first aid trained member of staff present.
- All accidents and injuries will be recorded and parents and guardians will be notified.
- If a student becomes unwell, we will phone the emergency contact on the students registration form immediately. Please ensure that the emergency contacts are always reachable and kept up to date.
- Students participate at their own risk and any medical conditions or existing injuries must be detailed on the registration form. If there are any changes to this information, Theatre Box must be notified as soon as possible.
- If you are unsure whether the student should participate, please get advice from their GP.
- Any medication that is brought to Theatre Box must be clearly labelled and given to the principal or acting principal to look after for the duration of the session. Any medication should be able to be administered by the student themselves unless agreed otherwise between the parent/guardian and the principal.
- If a student has a particularly heavy cold or any infectious illnesses, please do not bring them to their session until they are feeling better.
6. PERSONAL BELONGINGS
- Theatre Box staff do not accept liability for the loss or damage of any personal belongings. Students are responsible for their things and encouraged to leave anything valuable at home.
7. CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS
No mobile phones in sight during Theatre Box sessions.
Be respectful and kind to all fellow students and staff.
Be committed, turn up on time and only miss a session if you really have to.
Be extra committed when we are working towards a show or an exam, prioritise rehearsals!
Most importantly… have fun!
Please tick the box when registering to say that you have read and accept the above terms and conditions.